Thursday, September 14, 2017

Week #3- WCIYP Job Hunters

Today, I read the first chapter of What Color Is Your Parachute by Richard N. Bolles.  The book surprised me on how interesting and helpful it could be to my life.  The first chapter talked about the New World for Job-Hunters.  Bolles explains how finding a job is very different from what it was like in the past.  We as job hunters need to change our job search approach in order to go from a hunter to a hire!


Throughout the reading, my mind began to run with my past experiences of job searching and experiences.  I have been in and out of many jobs and going through many interview processes.  I feel that most of the tips to becoming a successful job hunter were already enforced in my job searching process.  This could from my experiences or that I simply missed the previous way to job hunting.


Bolles mentions that job hunting has mostly moved to online since the year 2008, after the great recession.  I am fortunate enough to have grown up with lots of technology advances.  Technology has always had my interest and a skill of mine, but there is a lot of room for improvements in my knowledge of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blockchain

This semester has been an interesting one.  With many changes, I involved myself in many opportunities that have influenced my future. ...