Thursday, September 21, 2017

Week #4- WCIYP New Resume

Technology is one of the most talked about subjects from my blog.  This is because technology causes change everywhere.  This week I read Chapter two of What Color Is Your Parachute, which talked about how the internet is the new paper resume.  Author, Richard N. Bolles, explains how whatever we put on the internet can be either helpful or hurtful to our future job searching process.

Reading the "Edit" section on page 23, we can see that many people make the mistake of posting something that employers would not condone.  There is a way to go back and edit your social media to eliminate posts that may not show your best features, but sometimes it can be tricky to remove an item.

This got me thinking, is there a way to clean out your social media all from one platform?  After some research, I actually found a website that will help you with your online brand name by cleaning most social media platforms.  

I believe that even if you think your social media name is clean, I suggest you take a look.  If it comes down to putting in a hour to clean your media or possibly losing a dream job because of a post to Facebook, the choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blockchain

This semester has been an interesting one.  With many changes, I involved myself in many opportunities that have influenced my future. ...