Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week #4- World Technology, Balt 318

As we know, technology is advancing at very fast speeds.  Currently, flying cars and drones are starting to make an appearance in the world.


This used to be ideas that were laughed alone.  Now, people are laughing as they fly over traffic.


The first time I saw drones, I thought that it was just some cool toy that I can not fly for the life of me.  But realizing the potential of these drones and how they can be used for things such as delivery, taking pictures, and videos.


One thing I found interesting was the opening ceremony of the Olympics.  With lots of technology shown, something that stood out to me was the way the rings were presented.


I read an article by Brain Barrett on these magical ring forming drones.  Turns out the rings were made with 1,218 drones joined together.  The drones lined up perfectly and it looked amazing.



This is one huge step.  I couldn't imagine how hard it was to program to make this happen.  The future of drones are unseen.  This is what the drones looked like up close.



https://www.wired.com/story/olympics-opening-ceremony-drone-show/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blockchain

This semester has been an interesting one.  With many changes, I involved myself in many opportunities that have influenced my future. ...